We're Here to Help
Finding a Policy Doesn’t Need to be Difficult
It’s not easy to find an insurance policy when you’re dealing with health issues like Hepatitis-C. Many insurance companies decline Hepatitis C coverage, but at our brokerage, we are happy to help and will find you your most affordable option. Instead of trying to find a policy yourself, let us help you narrow your options. We are familiar with many impaired risk life insurance companies, making us well-equipped to find you the best rate possible.
When you’ve been diagnosed with a (serious) health issue like Hepatitis-C, it may change how you feel about having insurance and protecting yourself and your family. However, finding the right life insurance company that will look at your case with leniency can be very difficult. You may have heard that you can’t get a good health classification or that you may even be declined because of your Hep-C.
However, life insurance companies all view health conditions differently, and there are numerous factors involved in determining your rating class. We are experienced in gathering pertinent information to help portray your condition in the best light to insurance companies. From there, we are familiar with which companies are more willing to offer better rates to people who other companies may consider “high-risk” applicants.
We have high-risk experts on our team who can help you shop through all your life insurance options to help you find your best rate.
Hepatitis-C and Life Insurance
Life insurance after Hepatitis-C is based largely on these two factors:
- How much damage did your liver sustain?
- Is your Hep C in remission?
Remission and Minimal Damage: You will receive the best plans if your Hep C has been in remission for a while and have had minimal damage to your liver. Under these circumstances, you may fall under the Standard health class.
Some Damage: If you have some damage to your liver, you may be considered for substandard risk. This means your rates will be higher but you will not be declined. It is not required but may help to have a liver biopsy. This would show insurance companies that your liver is not too damaged and you aren't high risk.
We essentially only need to know these two things to help you find your best life insurance option:
• When were you diagnosed?
• Which kind of Hep C were you diagnosed with? Acute Viral Hepatitis C, Chronic Persistent Hepatitis C or Chronic Active Hepatitis C?
• What are your most current liver enzymes? (if you don’t know them, are they under control?)
• Which prescriptions are you taking? (Interferon, Ribavirin, etc.) How much?
• Do drink alcohol? If so, how often and how much?
• How often do you monitor your liver functions? (annually, semi-annually etc.)
• What studies have been done to diagnose/treat the condition? (liver biopsy, CT scan, MRI etc.)and what were the results? (normal, abnormal)
• Have you been diagnosed with other health problems?
Leave it to Us
Some agents don’t look into the details of your case, so they’re ignoring factors that might increase your chances of getting a good rating classification. On the other hand, we are specialized agents in high-risk insurance. As a brokerage, we are only interested in helping you find your best insurance options.
Don’t hesitate to give us a call at 212-484-9888 for some peace of mind in knowing you’re getting the best rate.